School shooting death toll rises to four
Seven Oxford High School students ranging in age from 14 to 17 remain hospitalized with gunshot wounds after a classmate opened fire on Tuesday. An injured student died Wednesday, bringing the death toll from the attack to four. Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald charged the 15-year-old suspected shooter, whom police arrested at the school, with one count of terrorism causing death, four counts of first-degree murder, seven counts of assault, and 12 firearms-related charges. He was charged as an adult.
Do they know the gunman’s motive? Officials are combing through the suspect’s social media accounts, looking for clues. The teen has so far refused to talk to investigators on the advice of his parents, McDonald said. Investigators learned that his parents were summoned to the school because of a behavior problem just a few hours before the bloodshed. McDonald said that she was confident they can show the attack was premeditated, and the student’s parents might soon face charges as well, related to the gun used in the attack.
Dig deeper: Read Rachel Lynn Aldrich’s report in The Sift about a settlement between the FBI and parents of victims of the 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, Fla.
If you enjoyed this article and would like to support WORLD's brand of Biblically sound journalism, click here.