Logo
Sound journalism, grounded in facts and Biblical truth | Donate

Jane’s Revenge declares “open season” on pro-lifers


Compass Care workers in Buffalo, N.Y., assess the damage after Jane's Revenge attacked. Associated Press/Photo by Mark Mulville/The Buffalo News

Jane’s Revenge declares “open season” on pro-lifers

The violent pro-abortion group posted a second statement Tuesday trying to incite vandalism and destruction of pro-life centers. In its first statement, Jane’s Revenge gave a 30-day ultimatum that said pro-life centers had to close their doors or else face attacks. Now, they said the 30 days are up, and pro-lifers should expect violence.

Has the group acted before? Jane’s Revenge has claimed responsibility for 16 acts of vandalism and violence so far, including throwing firebombs into an empty pregnancy center in Buffalo, N.Y., last week. “We have demonstrated in the past month how easy and fun it is to attack,” the group’s latest statement read, adding that, in the future, “those measures may not come in the form of something so easily cleaned up as fire and graffiti.” Another group, Ruth Sent Us, has also claimed responsibility for some crimes against pro-life centers. CatholicVote has tracked 24 attacks on pregnancy centers and pro-life groups since the leak of a draft opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson, which could overturn Roe v. Wade. So far, the FBI is investigating several of the strikes and police are working with some of the pregnancy centers to protect them, but they haven’t made any arrests.

Dig deeper: Read Daniel R. Suhr’s column in WORLD Opinions for more on what Jane’s Revenge has done and what they believe.


Mary Muncy

Mary Muncy is a breaking news reporter for WORLD. She graduated from World Journalism Institute and Patrick Henry College.

COMMENT BELOW

Please wait while we load the latest comments...

Comments

Please register, subscribe, or login to comment on this article.